April 1, 2020
The Chelan-Douglas Regional EOC reports that the Washington National Guard will be deploying to communities around the state to assist with food distribution at local food banks.
Starting tomorrow, April 2nd, the National Guard will be sending 10 guardsmen to Wenatchee to assist with food distribution at the Town Toyota Center. The national Guard will be assisting our local food banks, churches and community groups as they combine resources to better serve our community during the COVID-19 outbreak.
The request for the National Guard was made by the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
The National Guard will only be assisting with food distribution. They will not be utilized in any law enforcement capacity or to enforce any restrictions put in place by Governor Inslee.
National Guard Press Release.pdf
April 1, 2020
Upon the recommendation of the City insurance provider to help reduce the potential spread of the COVID-19 virus, beginning Thursday April 2, 2020 the following park amenities will be closed to use for the near future:
- Play equipment in the following park areas:
- Rotary, Kiwanis-Methow, Chase, Pennsylvania, Pioneer, Washington
- Basketball Courts in following park areas:
- Rotary and Kiwanis Methow
- Picnic Areas in the following park areas:
- Rotary, Lincoln, Pioneer, Washington
- Soccer court at Kiwanis Methow Park
Park restrooms and individual picnic tables will continue to be open and sanitized daily. For your health and the health of others please observe the following to help us be able to keep
the remaining parks and trails open:
- Do not use parks or trails if you are exhibiting symptoms.
- Follow Center for Disease Control guidance on personal hygiene prior to visiting parks or trails.
- Be prepared for limited access to public restrooms.
- Share the trail and warn other trail users of your presence and as you pass.
- Observe Center for Disease Control’s minimum recommended physical distancing of 6 feet from other persons at all times.
- Dispose of your liter in a trashcan and not on the ground.
Thank you and stay safe!
To view the full Press Release, click HERE.