Zoom meeting is hacked during discussion
June 5, 2020
East Wenatchee, WA – A special online “Zoom” meeting for the Chelan-Douglas Health District Board of Health to review the reopening proposal was interrupted by hackers on June 5, 2020. The meeting was reconvened and recorded for members of the public to listen to the Board of Health vote on a new variance request to the Washington State Department of Health for consideration of a modified Phase 2 reopening. You can access the audio file at: http://cdhd.wa.gov/wp-content/uploads/BOH-6.5.20-Mtg-Audio.mp4.
Under the proposal, businesses would be allowed to reopen with reduced customer capacity. This includes:
- In-store retail: 50% of capacity with social distancing and employee masking and gloves;
- Personal services & professional services: 25% of capacity;
- Restaurants: outdoor dining at 50% of capacity, indoor dining at 25% capacity and a requirement that tables be six feet apart;
- Pet grooming: 25% of capacity;
- Gatherings: no more than five non-household members attending;
- Recreation, fitness & camping: outdoor only, no more than five non-household members and maintaining six feet of social distancing.
For a complete list of the reopening provisions and a complete copy of the reopening application, please visit: http://cdhd.wa.gov/wp-content/uploads/Chelan-Douglas-Reopening-Application-6-5-2020.pdf.
Chelan and Douglas counties are among only a handful of counties that remain in Phase 1 under the Governor’s Safe Start order. The Board of Health anticipates hearing soon on the proposal. For more information, visit www.cdhd.wa.gov.
Contact: Veronica Farias
Phone: (509) 886-6427
E-mail: [email protected]