A RESOLUTION AMENDING AND EXTENDING EMERGENCY DECLARATION FOR COVID-19 RESPONSE AND STAY AT HOME ORDER
Whereas, on March 17, 2020, Chelan County adopted and enacted Resolution 2020-32 declaring an emergency in order to respond to the COVID-19 virus pandemic emergency, and
Whereas, Resolution 2020-32 listed findings and conclusions supporting the emergency declaration and the county’s response thereto, including reliance on Governor Inslee’s COVID-19 proclamations and the activation of the county’s Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan, and
Whereas, since Resolution 2020-32 was adopted and enacted, Governor lnslee has issued further proclamations related to the COVID-19 emergency including Proclamations 20-25 and 20-25. l which direct Washingtonians to stay at home, and
Whereas, Governor Inslee extended the Stay Home, Stay Health Proclamation to May 4, 2020, in Proclamation 20-25.1, and
Whereas, Governor Inslee announced on May I, 2020, that he would again extend the Stay Home, Stay Health Proclamation to May 31, 2020, and implement four phases of easing restrictions enacted in previous proclamations beginning May 4, 2020, and
Whereas, the number of infected persons and fatalities caused by COVID-19 continues to increase statewide and in Chelan County, and
NOW, THEREFORE BE IT HEREBY RESOLVED that the Chelan County Board of Commissioners hereby orders as follows:
- The foregoing recitals are incorporated herein as findings, conclusions, and orders.
- Previously enacted Resolutions 2020-32 and 2020-39 and the Governor’s proclamations, including but not limited to 20-25 and 20-25. l, enacting the Stay Home, Stay Healthy declaration through May 4, 2020, are incorporated herein.
- There continues to be an emergency which necessitates the continued activation of the Chelan County Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan, activation of the Chelan County Emergency Operations Center, and utilization of emergency powers granted by statute.
- Previously enacted Resolution 2020-32 and the orders contained therein is extended to midnight on June l, 2020, unless extended further at a later date by this board. Resolution 2020-39 is not extended and shall expire.
- The Governor’s orders, proclamations, and plans related to the COVID-19 pandemic emergency including but not limited to those announced, adopted, and enacted May 1, 2020, and May 4, 2020, extending the statewide declaration of an emergency on May 31, 2020, are incorporated herein.
- Nothing herein is intended to be inconsistent with the Governor’s orders, proclamations, and plans related to the COVID-19 pandemic emergency including but not limited to those announced, adopted, and enacted May I, 2020, and May 4, 2020.
- This resolution shall become effective immediately.
Dated at Wenatchee, Washington, this 4th day of May, 2020.