5/14/2020: Thank you to everyone who has worked so hard making masks and gowns! As a direct result of your efforts, we are now able to say that we are no longer in need of anymore. If that changes, we will certainly let you know. With that said, Confluence may accept them at this time. Please contact them directly and inquire. Thank you!!
At this time, there is no longer a need for more homemade masks. There is still a large need for homemade gowns, which are going to any Long Term Care Facility. Hospitals will not use them!
Please be aware, the masks made must fit certain requirements. Those below do. We do not wish to dispose of any masks under-quality!
Which mask pattern and material should I use?
- Confluence Health Foundation has recommendations on their site: https://www.confluencehealth.org/covid19-donations/
- JoAnn Fabric in East Wenatchee is giving out mask assembly kits and instructions as well: https://www.joann.com/make-to-give-response/
- Sew-Creative and the Leavenworth Quilt Company also have mask assembly kits. Call first, to make sure they have kits in stock.
- For similar pattern to JoAnn, but with additional sizes, you can visit: http://www.fabricpatch.net/face-masks-for-covid-19-relief.htm
Which gown pattern and material should I use?
These have been approved by the local Chelan-Douglas Health District:
Quick Hospital Gowns:
- Gown Assembly Kits are available at JoAnn s, Sew-Creative and the Leavenworth Quilt Company. Call first, to make sure they have kits in stock.
- WOF = 40 -48 , this is the length of the gown, so it doesn t have to be exact. Just ensure it goes down to the knees, so it isn t too short.
What precautions should I take when making/handling masks or gowns for others:
It is recommended that you wear a face mask yourself if you are making masks for others. This may mean that you will wear the first mask that you make. Wearing a mask and gloves when handling masks for other is strongly recommended. Please honor the 6-ft social distancing when dropping off masks.
I made several masks or gowns, where can I donate them?
Chelan-Douglas Health District has designated 4 drop off locations:
1139 Princeton Ave N, Wenatchee, WA 98801
Jo-Ann Fabrics and Crafts
300 Valley Mall Pkwy, East Wenatchee, WA 98802
Leavenworth Quilt Company
11007 US Highway 2, Leavenworth, WA 98826
136 E Woodin Ave, Chelan, WA 98816
509-682-7714 – Must leave a message to arrange a drop-off time
If I receive a homemade/non-manufactured mask or gown, how do I care for it?
When you receive a homemade mask/non-manufactured mask, you should wash in hot, soapy water and dry in a dryer prior to using and daily thereafter.has